Today I'd love to share a simple and quick recipe you could make for your family that will be perfect to help celebrate Cinco De Mayo. These tacos have a twist to a favorite which is making tacos with tofu!
Before you say "Ellie what do you mean meatless tacos?" Did you know that tofu takes on flavors you add to it really well? It also is a good source of protein and I've been trying to incorporate a meatless day for our meals each week and this was my perfect opportunity to try a meatless recipe before Cinco De Mayo arrives.
I hurried along and headed to Walmart and picked up the ingredients to try out my recipe. I love that I was able to find all I needed for my recipe all in one place which is always a bonus.
Meatless Taco Fiesta
A simple, yummy and healthy twist to a classic favoritePrep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Total time: 30
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 head Tomato
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 package Semi-Firm Tofu
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 10 Count Package El Paso 6” Flour Tortillas
- 10 Count Package El Paso Stand N Stuff Taco Shells
- Any other topping you love on your tacos
- First, drain and cut up into small squares the tofu.
- Turn on stove to warm up the pan.
- Spray with Corn oil to a hot pan.
- Place in the tofu and let it cook for less than a minute.
- Mix in the seasoning and mix well until tofu is cooked which should take 5-7 minutes
- Set up your Taco center and build your Tacos as you wish and enjoy!
Here is a little video to get you even more excited to try this amazing recipe. That way you can see how simple and easy and QUICK it is to have dinner on your table!
My kids are picky, to say the least when eating their tacos and so they keep it super basic but when my older daughter saw what I was making she said mom I want to try.
She sat down and actually said she might like these better than the meat tacos. As I said the tofu really does take on the seasoning really well. The rest of the family enjoyed them as well. I can not say how excited I am that they loved it.
I hope these have made you want to run to Walmart and pick up your ingredients and try making it for your family and please let me know if you try them out!